Book Reviews and Writing Tips

Book Reviews and Writing Tips

Sunday, June 30, 2013

10 Affirmations For Creative Writers

Clipart

I’m busy with my book so I am reblogging again from a post I read on Writer’s Relief a couple of years ago. I don’t know how many of you believe in affirmations, but I think there is something worthwhile about this concept of training yourself to have positive thoughts.


Here are some good ones for writers:

1. I am a writer. Writing is my art.

2. I strengthen my by constructive criticism from others and from myself.

3. Rejection is a valuable part of the process.

4. I am creative. My words flow easily and beautifully.

5. I write every day, with confidence and enthusiasm.

6. I can visualize success, and I have the patience and talent to reach it.

7. I can be a successful writer and a successful (mother/lawyer/cab driver).

8. I can create vivid images and put them down on paper.

9. I am responsible for my own destiny.

10. I am not at the mercy of my muse. I can find inspiration at any time.

When you believe that whatever happens is for your own development and success, nothing can bring you down, and you don’t have to have lived in an ashram to use positive affirmations.

Creating a positive mindset will not only help you achieve your goals as a writer—it’s a powerful strategy for all areas of your life! Why not use all the tools at your disposal? Your writing will thank you.

The Writer’s Relief site is here: http://www.writersrelief.com/#

No comments: