Book Reviews and Writing Tips

Book Reviews and Writing Tips

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Fantastic New TV Series

From the TV show Premiere


Did anyone have a chance to catch the premiere of the new TV series created from the Outlander novels by Diana Gabaldan last night?  It premiered on the Starz network.  I don’t have Starz in my Dish TV package, so it took some sleuthing on my part to find out how I could watch it free.

As you all know, Google is one of my best friends.  It seems like I’m on there several times every day.  After reading and waltzing all over the place, I finally had it set and was able to watch the show around 10 PM.

I’m such a fan of the books that I didn’t want to miss it, if there was any way not to.  It was fantastic and as I remember the start of the story from the first book that I read a few years ago.  I can hardly wait for the next episode.  My little sister, who has also read the books, had to agree it’s like the novels so far.

If you’re a Diana Gabaldan fan, or love time travel stories, you might want to tune in to this on Saturday nights.  I have no idea if the TV series will span the whole series of books yet or not, but if ratings are good I imagine they will.  That means this show will be on for years to come if they take the normal break most TV shows take between seasons.  This series is eight books long so far.  These books aren’t wimpy either at almost one thousand pages each.

Here’s the link if you don’t have Starz on your network.  I’d love to hear your thoughts on this show.

No comments: