Book Reviews and Writing Tips

Book Reviews and Writing Tips

Friday, August 15, 2014

I learned something new today

The next step is to get rid of the white background.

I’m always ecstatic when I learn something new.  I love learning things.  Today, instead of packing things etc, and working on my yet unfinished garage, I decided to play instead.  I should have been working on the goal of moving out of here, or the edits of my mystery novel, but I decided to play instead.  I had to do something artistic because all my pent up artistic energy was about to explode waiting to get out.

I stumbled across a blog that I’ll be following because I love what this guy has to say, along with all of his how-to videos.  I’ve always wanted to learn how to make my book covers in 3D and I learned how today.  I knew it was possible with Photoshop.  I just didn’t know how to do it.  Yippee!  I’m very excited about it.  I feel a great accomplishment every time I learn something I didn’t know how to do.  What’s wrong with me?  I don’t know, but I’ve always been this way, so it wasn’t a wasted day at all in my mind.

If anyone is interested here is Rob Cubbon’s blog.  There’s tons of this kind of info on there.

No comments: