Book Reviews and Writing Tips

Book Reviews and Writing Tips

Thursday, August 12, 2010

The Editing Goes On

Well, I'm still editing which I guess is no surprise. The book desperately needed commas added so while I was doing that, on the umpteenth read through, I changed a few other things as well to make it read better. I still have about a hundred pages to go and then I'll be tackling the cover.

Some days it's slow going and I don't get to it at all, so when I do I try to edit at least two chapters before I have to quit. If it was up to me, I'd just stick with it until it was finished if I had to stay up all night. But alas, it's not up to me.

I'm still hoping to have it to the publisher by the end of August, but that hope is dwindling more everyday. What can I say? I know this story front to back and back to front from reading it so many times. Of course that's the way with all my books. I've read them all fifty times before I'm ready to get them published.

I already have thoughts for the sequel buzzing through my head, as well as thoughts for the sequel to the medieval story I wrote last year. I have so much writing to do, if I can get out of editor mode, and find all the scraps of paper I've made notes on along the way.

I better get back at it. It's already 10 pm here and it won't be long until I have to quit for the night. I simply hate that. I'm a night owl and do my best work in the wee hours, but I have to keep the peace.

Hopefully my next post will be announcing the new book. Wouldn't that be nice?

No comments: