Book Reviews and Writing Tips

Book Reviews and Writing Tips

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Finally finished my children's novel

Well, I can hardly believe I've reached the end of the road with this novel. The writing process is such an ordeal at times, especially editing over and over again to get it all perfect. Now as if all this editing wasn't enough by itself, I still had the cover to do after reading the ms a jillion times.


Then silly me, I decided to use the wacom tablet I got for my birthday to design the book cover. I've always used photoshop, but this was a real learning curve. Actually once you get the hang of it, it's kind of fun although very intense. You're actually painting pixels on the computer screen. It's really neat how it works. But it's a real challenge to keep things straight. And also to remember which color you're using, although that can be fixed if you make a boo-boo. In that way it's like oil painting. The bright colors are very hard on your eyes, though, after awhile. It's kind of like seeing spots after someone's been taking pictures or coming in out of the bright sunlight. In fact it was so intense, I had to take a day off in between when I was working on it. I think it turned out real well considering it's my first stab at it using that tablet, and it certainly fits the theme of the book which is what I was going for. I'll post a pic here and let you be the judge for yourselves.

So what do you think? I uploaded this book to my publisher today, so if my files are in order I'll be recieving my proof soon. It should be out the end of August or first part of September 2010. You can read an excerpt at my website if you like. http://www.faeriemoundbooks.com

All feedback is welcome and appreciated.

Now it's on to my next venture. Until next time, blessings to all.

No comments: