Book Reviews and Writing Tips

Book Reviews and Writing Tips

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Fall Is Upon Us - Is this good or bad?

That all depends on your state of mind of course.

Yes, I've been slacking again unfortunately, but I'm just too darn busy at the moment to keep up with everything I have going. Maybe that's a good thing because fall is here and that's not a happy thought for me. I hate having to play with the clocks. What a bunch of silliness that is. Now it's dark way too early for me and even dark lately when I've been getting up in the morning so that I can accomplish everything I have to fit into the day. Before long it is getting dark again and so early now. It doesn't seem like it was this dark at 5:30 pm by Nov in other years, but it must have been.

At least I can be thankful for the nice few days we've had lately - weather wise. So sunny and mild - no jacket needed. Now I can shout about that! But it won't last. They say we have a cold front coming by Mon. I imagine I'll have to drag out all my stuff and cover the plants soon. So far we haven't been below 40 at night and I wish it would stay that way, but I know better.

Soon it will be time to tuck in and just wait until spring. At least we still have leaves on the trees, actually still some of them are green too. I guess that's good. But around here all it takes is one good wind storm and it will knock off even the green ones. But I could live in a colder place. Although I was cursing the other day when I brought in my garden ornaments and put them in the garage for the winter, along with some tropical specimens I've moved from place to place. It would be a shame to let them freeze at this point. Anyway I had my hands too full, like I always do, and tried to carry too much at once and dropped a turtle and broke it. It's head and a leg snapped right off when it hit the tile floor. I was so mad, but mostly at myself for not making two trips to the garage, instead of one. I was so frustrated that I live in a place where putting things away in the winter is a concern. The tropics were looking real good about then as they will be again when the snow gets here. Ugh! I'm dreading that! But there's nothing I can do about it at the moment. Someday I'll move further south and when I'm still young enough to enjoy it, I hope, or to even care.

OK before this gets too depressing I better sign off. It's past my curfew anyway already. Never enough hours in a day. I think that will be engraved on my tombstone one day along with "normal is only a state of mind" since my husband is always telling me to act normal. So what exactly is normal anyway? I bet everyone you ask will have a different explanation for that one. But that's a whole other subject I can't get into right now.

Night all. Be blessed.

No comments: