Book Reviews and Writing Tips

Book Reviews and Writing Tips

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Using the Word "Very" in Writing

Today, I’m going to write about a quote I read recently because it got me to thinking. Of course, I’m always interested in learning new things.






Now I want to go and look at my WIP and see how many times I have used the word very in the book. I don’t think I’m a real big offender, but who knows. I’m mainly interested to see if any sentences sound better without it.

The meaning of the word “very” in the dictionary days: very is an adverb, used in front of adjectives and adverbs to emphasize their meaning. Hmmm....

How many of you use the word very in your writing?

2 comments:

Arlee Bird said...

I use the word "very" a lot in my writing. Well, I think I do. I'll have to try to have a greater awareness of this now.

Sunni said...

Lee,

Thanks for reading and commenting. I use the word "very" a lot too. I came across this while reading up on something else, so I thought it would make an informative post.

Sunni