Book Reviews and Writing Tips

Book Reviews and Writing Tips

Sunday, November 16, 2014

Week Two NaNo Update




We’ve reached the halfway mark now and hopefully everyone who entered the NaNo this year has a good start on their book underway.

I know finding time to write is a big bridge to cross, especially when it comes to writing with the kind of intensity that NaNo demands.

There are also times when we reach a point and wonder which direction we’re headed in.  If a moment like this strikes me, I pick up a book and read a couple of chapters or look through my Writer’s Digest magazine and soon I’m inspired again.



The whole point is not to let yourself get down if you’re behind on your word count.  You can always catch up unless you’ve hardly started.  But the worst thing to do is to stop writing because you think you won’t finish the competition so why bother.  Throw that type of attitude out the window and sit your little butt down in front of your computer and write something everyday, even if it’s only a hundred words.  That’s still one hundred words closer to the finish line.

So here at week two, I have 31,555 words so far.  That leaves me on track to finish ahead of time, which I was counting on.  But in case something comes up and I can’t write at all for a day or to, it also takes the pressure off.  Life does get in the way sometimes and not everyone in the house may be as passionate about writing as we are.



Remember, in the end, we are all winners anyway because we started and have accomplished something, as shitty as it may be.  It’s a start and something we can work on and make perfect.  So don’t give up.  Keep writing.  I know you can do it.

No comments: