Book Reviews and Writing Tips

Book Reviews and Writing Tips

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Gifts for Writers




We all know that there are many things we can give a writer on our Christmas list, but let me suggest a subscription to Writer’s Digest magazine.  Wow!  This magazine has everything you’d ever want to know about writing and then some. 

I received a subscription to this magazine last year and I love it.  I’m so impressed that I could write several pages on the merits of this trade publication.  I won’t do that here because none of you have the time to read that much, but the magazine covers everything.  Each issue is so jammed full of things concerning the writing craft that you won’t be disappointed.  Not only is story structure, plot, keeping the action moving, dialogue, etc. covered, but there are also articles on writing query letters, marketing, getting published, and interviews with seasoned authors and newbie’s.  In the back there are contests and writing meet ups.

I know I left some things out.  I’m always astounded how a small magazine can cover so much in each issue.  Any writer you know would be happy with this trade publication.  It’s a good refresher course, if nothing else.  I renewed my subscription and look forward to this little gem arriving about every six weeks (eight issues a year).  Start your 2015 off with a bang and pick this up now.  To find out more, click here.

Here’s something else for you writers to look over.  I know there will be something of interest in this long list.

No comments: